In order to bareboat charter in Croatia apart from the experience matching the boat size you also need to have a valid navigational license and at least one person on board must have VHF radio certificate. You can find the list of recognized foreign licenses in Croatia here.
If you possess experience but lack formal qualifications, you have the option to reserve a boat in advance under the condition that you will acquire the required certificates before the check-in. Failure to fulfill this agreement will result in the non-refundable forfeiture of the deposit.
The best time for yacht charters in Croatia is typically from April to October, with peak season during the summer months for optimal weather conditions.
When selecting a boat, it is important to ensure that the total number of people in your group plus the skipper aligns with the maximum number of berths and persons allowed onboard. It is important to note that the skipper is not expected to share a cabin with any member of your party. While it is highly advisable to charter a larger boat, providing a separate cabin for the skipper, if budget constraints are a consideration, the skipper can use the saloon area for sleeping, provided it can be converted into a sleeping space. In such cases, regard the saloon as the skipper’s private area and be mindful of allowing enough time for rest and relaxation.
The recommended route depends on your preferences and and charter length. Feel free to communicate your specific preferences with us, and we’ll tailor our suggestions to create a personalized and memorable experience for your yacht charter.
Beside direct fees (boat price, charter pack and extras) there are some additional expenses like:
The cancellation cost is the amount you have paid up to the point of cancellation. For instance, if the booking policy for a boat requires a 40% payment upon booking confirmation and the remaining 60% is due one month before your charter begins, the cancellation cost is the 40% already paid if you cancel before completing the 60% payment. However, if you cancel after making the full payment, the cancellation cost equals the entire charter price.
I strongly advise you to buy travel health and cancellation insurance policy in your country in order to be covered in case some unpredicted situations when you would need to cancel your trip.
The typical weather conditions in Croatia are characterized by a Mediterranean climate. Summers are hot and dry, with temperatures ranging between 25°C to 35°C (77°F to 95°F) or even higher, providing warm and sunny conditions. Spring and fall provide more moderate conditions, creating an ideal sailing environment.
The typical sea temperatures in Croatia vary throughout the year. During the early spring months (April and May), the sea temperatures range from around 15°C to 18°C (59°F to 64°F). As summer progresses, from June to August, the sea temperatures become warmer, ranging between 22°C to 27°C (72°F to 81°F). In late summer and early fall (September and October), the sea temperatures gradually decrease, ranging from 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F). These temperatures provide favorable conditions for swimming, snorkeling, and other water activities during the charter season in Croatia.
In case of a sea emergency contact one of the following:
The standard check-in time for yacht charters is around 5:00 PM. However, some charters may offer an early check-in option for an additional fee. Please check with our team or refer to your booking confirmation for specific details regarding early check-in availability and associated fees.
The designated time for returning the boat to the marina is specified in your charter agreement. Typically, it is set for the late afternoon on Friday, around 18:00. However, as stated in the agreement, you are allowed to stay on board until Saturday morning.
Charter companies are primarily oriented towards weeklong Saturday-to-Saturday charters. Shorter charter periods are usually available during the off-season or on a last-minute basis, subject to availability. We recommend contacting our team to discuss your specific requirements, and we will do our best to accommodate your preferences.
Policies regarding pets vary by charter company. If pets are allowed, there is typically an additional fee to cover the cost of thorough cleaning.
To engage in legal recreational fishing, it is necessary to possess a valid fishing license. You can acquire the license online by visiting this link.
It’s important to be aware that fishing is prohibited in National Parks. Upon obtaining the license, you will receive comprehensive information, including a list of designated no-fishing zones and permitted fishing tools.
Thank you for reaching out to us! 🛥️
Our team will review your enquiry and get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, feel free to explore our website for more information about yacht charter.